Sunday, October 18, 2009

Retro ...



My kids believe I began writing when people used this model Royal.

I might be technologically challenged, but I am learning to fly solo through cyber space and it's amazing!

Wherever you are on your journey with the "word" ... take heart there are thousands of others on the trip. Tap, tap, tap ...

I recommend taking a look at some of the author and industry blogs I am beginning to collect. If, like myself, you have made this madness your life, you will find solace, information and solid direction as to where it's all going.

Some believe publishing is going straight to hell and being unpublished in our industry today is akin to being a full time member of Actor's Guild and waitressing to pay the rent.

I quote:

There's a word for a writer who never gives up... published.
Joe Konrath ... A Newsbie's Guide to Publishing

You'll find me at the edge,

fOIS

4 comments:

  1. hi :)
    I am here to tell you that you have been awarded with something, check it out...

    http://jenacg-jen.blogspot.com/2009/10/10-honest-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Konrath quote. Reminds me of something Randy Pausch, the late Carnagie Melon professor said during his famous "Last Lecture." He pointed out that "brick walls aren't there to stop us. They're there to help us show how much we really want something."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Alan. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete