Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after ...

Some might become depressed that the excitement and craze, the waiting and the planning has finally come to an end.

That is, unless you are among those who wait for the best shopping day of the year … December 26th !

There I was early this morning, trekking out to Walmart in South Florida, since I no longer go to Macy's on 34th Street or the Hallmark in the Paramus Mall, calculating how many boxes of this or rolls of that I would need next year.

Shameless hussy that I am, I also went to the on-line site for Current, the best decorating and wrapping place on the planet to order my food boxes and candy bags for next year.

Hey, don't laugh. Fifty-percent is fifty-percent.

It has been an interesting time, these days of nostalgia and remembrances of the ghosts of Christmas past.

Unofficially, Christmas came to an end this morning.

Officially, it comes to an end on January 6th or what I know as "Little Christmas."

What awaits me on that day is the long process of undecorating and after adding the new finds from today, re-storing, closing up boxes and stashing said boxes in said closets.

Having only a virtual "closet" for cyber space decorations and being a compulsively obsessed over-organizer, I have created a Word document with all but two of the Christmas blogs from this year.

No, you can't see them again. You don't expect poor Ralphie to run back and forth through the snow all year, do you?

I hope all those who visited enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

To my family, friends and whoever falls between the two, thanks for joining me during this month. For anyone who hasn't been following me, you missed out on a lot of fun.

I took out all but two days of this month which included December 19th ... so I must mention again ... Happy 40th Birthday Michael Paul Cronin ... you old curmudgeon you.

All good things
come to those who,
fOIS
Stay tuned. We now begin the countdown to the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for adding my blog to your blog list.
    I would have gotten back to you sooner, but if you visit my site for today's post, you'll see why. After things calm down at my house I plan to spend some time checking out your site, but first impressions are great!
    Thanks again,
    Christi Corbett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the after holidays sales. I tried to talk my family into celebrating everything a few days later, they wouldn't go for it. So I buy for the next year.

    ReplyDelete